Jun 13, 2008

Tim Russert


I'm shattered today to know that Tim Russert, of "Meet the Press" has passed away. I'm just shocked.

Tim : You taught me American Politics! You were the shine of political journalism.

Every Sunday, it was a ritual for me to watch 'Meet the Press'. I'd get up on time, to make sure that I watch from the beginning to the end. I have rearranged my schedules, to not miss your program.

Your superb professional attitude to handle your guest ( Prime Ministers, Presidents, Politicians alike ) was and will always remain, 'unique', grilling them through the toughest of toughest topics.


It reflected your hard work, sincere study of the subject, thorough analysis and impartial approach to get the information behind all the fog.

Except for the time, I was physically away on Sundays, I've watched you every single Sunday. If I did miss, it has always been one of those lingering thought for me, to get the podcast asap and get to watch it or listen to it. It was because of you and your work.

While I'm not at all surprised that this evening, every single radio and tv channel featuring politicians and every single individual he touched - are stunned at you leaving us, it just has raised so much uncertainty in the media at the lack of direction to 'information' and mainly the 'lack of truth' that your loss has forced upon us.

Personally, I'm just stunned at the inevitability and fragile nature of 'life'. I really wished to follow your programs through out this political year and much beyond.

I'm deeply saddened at your loss and for sure Sunday mornings are 'never' going to be the same for me, as others.

As you'd finish your program 'if its Sunday, its Meet the Press', I'll miss you for sure, every Sunday Tim.

May god bless you Tim, rest in piece.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home