Feb 1, 2006

D-Link gripes.

Its been quiet an u-turn in case of my experiences with D-link after my last post.

My router acted ( and is still acting ) as weird as possible. So had been on the phone almost all the time to trouble-shoot the problem. It was quiet an harrowing experience with some rude customer-support engineers, who were practically clue-less of what was going on. Infact, one of them even hung-up on me!.

Having to decide whether to call them or not, I decided to give one last shot. The support call started all over again, right from the model number to the issues. Then as luck would've it, the support engineer decided to replace the router as it was still under the warranty. Now, that's where it stands.

But the problems are so much affecting me now, in the most crucial times. Having little time to talk my best friend, I didn't even realize that I lost my network connection.

To add more to the frustration, Yahoo messenger doesn't even recognize the lost network connection until I click on the contact to IM - WTF code they've written.

I keep thinking that I'm connected and that the contact is busy, but where in, the contact has been trying to reach me in my real ( offline ) state. Thanks to Yahoo messenger ( again ) I don't even have a trace of such black-hole message. That's really pathetic :(

I'm sure more to come on this. For now, I've to hold on to my thoughts and recommendations about D-link as I had been their strong advocate for a very long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home